Sep 27, 2010

Rain Coat. Fashion and performance. Liverpool August 2007.

In August 2007, I went to take part in COAST- a Triangle Arts Workshop. Summer is not the same everywhere and I soon realised that Liverpoolian summer was going to be cold and all I could think of is rain and how to deal with it. At the end, it turned out to be a fresh summer and all was well. But meanwhile, I was keen on making myself a Liverpool rain coat. It is made of chicken mesh and wire for flexibility, protection yet a sense of difficulty or anxiety, it is covered with sewn plastic pockets holding every day memorabilia from my 2 weeks in this new place, objects from fellow workshop artists, from the brewery next door, the walk from the dorms to the gallery, etc. On the exhibition day I suggested putting on to visitors, sort of wear my experience, my diary in Liverpool.

thank you Dagmar!

 




for more:
http://coastinternationalartists.com/overview.html
 http://www.afoundation.org.uk/liverpool/education.php?id=5